As you may remember, Magento announced at the end of last year that it was acquiring Bluefoot, a CMS and page builder. Since then, the first version of Bluefoot for Magento, v1.0, was made available for Magento 2.1. With the release of Magento 2.2 on the horizon, here’s a quick look at the Bluefoot integration and how it can help your Magento store.
Here’s what we know:
- There is no support for Bluefoot in Magento 1
- Bluefoot v1.0 is currently available for Magento 2.1 Enterprise Edition
- Bluefoot will be compatible with Magento 2.2
- Bluefoot will be included in the core code and standard functionality of Magento 2.3
- There’s no guaranteed migration path for Bluefoot v1.0 to Magento 2.3
So, what is Bluefoot?
Bluefoot is a content management system and page builder. This allows non-developers to create customized pages without having to write code. For Magento 2, Bluefoot offers the following features:
- Drag and drop WYSIWYG editor: Drag and drop blocks from a simple menu, easily edit, the content, and you’re done.
- Static block integration: Works with Magento static blocks, perfect for updating content that changes frequently.
- SEO options: Like Magento, the content you create in Bluefoot includes meta descriptions, title tags, and more.
- Third party elements: Add content from third party sources, like Maps or Youtube.
- Product integration: Add products to any page or blog post.
- Open source code: Modify and customize the Bluefoot code as needed for your site.
- Support: Submit an inquiry or check out the user guides.
Check out this post from Alan Kent on the Magento DevBlog for a detailed look at the technical side of the Bluefoot integration. Keep an eye for more info in the next few weeks as Magento prepares to release 2.2.